Immune System Webquest
-click here for worksheet
if you do not already have one.
1. Go to Anatomy of a Splinter
Make sure to click on the links for chemotaxis, phagocytosis, and oxidative
burst. Watch the movies under each link.
· How do macrophages find pathogens?
· How do they eat pathogens?
· How do cytotoxic T lymphocytes kill cells?
2. Play the game “fighting back” (must
read “what happened” after game)
· Why are helper T-cells required in an immune attack?
· What are complements?
· What remains in the body after an immune battle?
· How does the HIV virus disrupt the immune system?
3. Go to the Immune System Overview
CLICK HERE for the whole pdf
file - you may need to use the CTRL-F (find) function to look for some
of these answers!
Or you can try clicking on this site: http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/topics/immuneSystem/whatIsImmuneSystem.htm
· What are the two major classes of lymphocytes?
· In what part of the body are they found?
· What are the functions of antibodies?
· What are the two types of T lymphocytes? What do they do?
· How do antibodies get produced in mass quantities?
System Webquest link (old site) - this worksheet was taken from
the following website and the links were updated.